Friday, January 4, 2013

The Art of Being a Classy Woman

Over the Christmas break, my aunt gave me a book called Classy by Derek Blasberg. As I was opening the present, she told me that this book would help in college and that my ability to charm others with my personality was going to grow as I read this book. This book can also go along with the second book I am reading, How to Find Your Soul mate Without Losing Your Soul by Jason Evert. Reading these books simultaneously, it makes see how badly girls have lost the essence of being a true girl. Going back to the book by Derek Blasberg, which is more of a what not to do to better yourself in the society. Giving tips on how to dress, how to act and how to get male attention without having to lower your standards or act like someone your not. What I really enjoy about these two books is that, the majority of these things that Derek and Jason tell girls to do, I am already doing. It makes me feel good knowing that my parents have raised me to respect myself and others, so that I don't get treated like something on the sidewalk. When Jason Evert came to our school and talked to us, I really thought it was going to be a stupid sex talk that would bore. But thankfully, it was funny and it actually got through me. Some of the things in the book that he said to us really made sense. For example, looking for your bridesmaids in high school instead of your groom really hit home for me. In my four years I have come to the conclusion that 99% of girls only come to school to get a boy's attention. Which is something even I have done, and I have stopped doing. Most relationships in high school are not going to last past graduation. Another thing that has also occurred to me is that how can you expect someone to love you, if you can't even love yourself? As I continue reading these books, I have made it a point in the New Year to start loving myself and realizing that I deserve nothing but the best. This does not just go for me but for all girls. We shouldn't lower our standards just because the cute guy in our bio class smiles at you. With these two books I really do think that I can better myself for the rest of high school and as I enter college.

No comments:

Post a Comment