Monday, May 13, 2013

I hope you had the time of your life.

My final blog post of not only AP lit, but my senior is going to be about high school. Many people told me when I was an incoming freshman that these next four years were going to fly by. At first I didn't believe them, I knew high school was going to to take forever and that it would feel like forever before I got my life started. But now as I enter my last week, it is now hitting me like a ton of bricks. I'm done. It's time to grow up and go out into the world. Which scares the crap out of me. How can shy and quiet Kathleen now be almost second generation alumni of St.Mark's high school is going to college in just 3 months. Sometimes when I say that, it makes me happy but for the most part it freaks me out. I don't think I am ready to do this all on my own. I loved high school, yes sometimes I would get fed up with my friends or get overwhelmed with school work. But the memories and the friendships I have created are something that I will never forget. I met my best friend, I fell in love and did some crazy stuff that I probably shouldn't have. But that's high school. You have to make every moment count, live for each day and seize every opportunity. Because one day, you are going to blink and be entering you last week of classes. These individuals used to be strangers to me, and now I have become friends with most of them. I'm sad to see high school be over, however I am so ready to get rid of this uniform. I've learned a lot of things these past four years walking up and down these halls, I found myself and realized what I am truly passionate about. Everything that I have experienced, that I have been a part of at St.Mark's will always be apart of me. No matter where we go or what we end up doing, the class of 2013 will always be united because there is no other class like ours. With our spirit and determination and our ability to learn. I would not want to be graduating with any other people. So, that's that. Thank you Mrs. Healey for being the best teacher I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment