Friday, May 10, 2013

Literary Death Match

It kind of makes me sad that AP lit is over, but at the same time it is a big weight lifted off my shoulders. During our final days of class, the literary death match was actually really helpful for me on the exam. Mainly because, in my third essay I wrote about one of the books that we discussed. Anyway, when we were reviewing and talking about the big picture of each book I will admit I was so confused about what was going on. Even though it did not seem like I was fully aware of what was going on, I was taking some notes and forming my own opinions in my head. What I liked the most about going over all the books was that it allowed me to relive the stories and reform my opinions about each book. For example, I was able to fall in love with The Great Gatsby and Frankenstein all over again. The two groups that presented these two books I was extremely jealous of. But they did a really great job on showing how amazingly well written these two novels are. However, some of the books I still disliked even after reading them before. Such as my own presentation about As I Lay Dying. I don't know why but I never liked this book, and of course I got a good grade on my in class essay for this novel. Overall, I enjoyed this exercise and I enjoyed even more that it was not a grade. My experience in AP lit this year was awesome, I made some new friends and found out a lot about myself and who I am. I'm so happy I made the decision to take this class, even though I don't fit in with most of the class they are individuals that I won't ever forget and will always refer to some of hand outs and essays for future assignments in my english classes in college.                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment